Our Vision and Values
What we’re here for
Serving People, Improving Lives
What we’re aiming to create
We aspire to be regarded as a great Council by the people and businesses we serve and by the staff we employ – by making a positive difference to people’s lives and creating opportunities for everyone to achieve their full potential.
What we stand for and the way we go about our business
- A competent Council, that delivers on its promises, acts professionally and can be trusted to provide good quality
- A co-operative Council, that listens to and involves its citizens, partners and employees in playing an active part in creating a prosperous future
- A commercial Council that is innovative in its use of resources and focused on achieving value for money
- A compassionate Council, that reaches out to the lonely and marginalised and encourages others to do the same
- A considerate Council, that recognises and respects difference and is sensitive to the impact of its actions on other
The Gedling Plan
The Gedling Plan sets out the council’s plans and priorities for the next three years and includes information about;
- The people and the place we serve
- The services we provide
- What matters most to our residents
- What we’re here for
- How we’re organised
- How we’re doing
- Financial Position
- Our priorities for 2017/19 are also detailed in the plan including how we manage our performance.
You can download a copy of the plan here or contact email@example.com for a printed version.