Why work for Gedling Borough Council?
There are many great benefits from joining our team, including:
- Generous annual leave (starting at 27 days plus Christmas eve off)
- Hybrid working for most office based staff (40% in the office)
- Flexible working hours, helping you to have a good work/life balance
- Generous Local Government Pension Scheme (the council pays the equivalent of approximately 20% of your salary into your pension)
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Health and wellbeing support
- Free eye tests for PC users
- Employee events
- Staff awards
- Volunteering Policy – with additional leave
- Professional fees paid
We’re situated close to Nottingham city centre and within striking distance of the beautiful Nottinghamshire countryside, making Gedling a great place to live and work.
We are home to nearly 115,000 residents and we have 55,000 properties. We recently opened the Gedling Country Park, the first destination park of its kind in the borough, we also manage and maintain over 50 parks and open spaces. We have five leisure centres and a theatre in the borough, all managed by the council.
Details of our current councillors and MPs can be found here: https://www.gedling.gov.uk/council/yourcouncillors