Terms and Conditions
If you are a pensioner you can book a free collection by calling our call centre on 0115 9013621
Booked items must only be presented at the front, back or side of your property, unless there is a communal bin area. Gates must be left propped open.
Items placed in a communal bin area must be stored safely, please do not block access to the area or to the bins. All items should be stored in such a manner that there is no risk to the safety of others.
nb If you have a large property it may be difficult for the crew to find the items. Therefore we do recommend that you contact our call centre on 0115 9013621 to discuss to prevent any disappointment if your item cannot be collected.
Please note that if you cannot find the items that you wish to book on the drop down list then we do not accept these items.
We can only collect your items if the following criteria have been met, otherwise, some or all of your items may not be collected:
- Items will not be collected from behind gates, unless they are propped open.
- Only items listed when making a booking will be collected
- Your items must be outside
- Soft furnishings that can soak up water must be covered and kept dry
* Mattresses and Bed Settees must not be soiled, please contact a private contractor for these items
- Microwaves should have the glass plates removed
- Fridges and freezers should have food and internal glass shelves removed and be defrosted
- If you are bagging waste please ensure you only use large, thick, bin liners to prevent them from ripping
We will use the information provided by you for providing waste collection services. The basis under which the Council uses personal data for this purpose is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and the Council.
The Data Controller is Gedling Borough Council, Civic Centre, Arnot Hill Park, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6LU. You can contact the data protection officer at the above address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The information provided by you may also be used for the purpose of any other function carried out by the Council. Information about these functions and further information including how long we retain your data, who we share with and your rights can be found in our privacy notice.